Welcome to Our Website
INCREASE THE NUMBER OF AT-RISK MINORITY MALES
WHO ENTER COLLEGE AND GRADUATE
• The School of Social Work will partner with The Morgan Male Initiative on Leadership and Excellence (The Morgan Mile) to identify potential urban minority males ready for college, increase retention, and ultimately graduation rates.
TO IDENTIFY POTENTIAL FENDING SOURCES
FOR AT-RISK MINORITY MALE STUDENTS
• The School of Social Work will work with The Morgan Mile to identify and provide scholarships (i.e. tuition,books, and student develop) for at-risk males attending college at Morgan State University.The School of Social Work will partner with The Morgan Mile to identify mentorship grant funding.
INCREASE THE PRESENCE OF MINORITY MALES IN
THE SOCIAL WORK PROFESSION
• The School of Social Work will work with the Morgan Mile to specifically identify minority males interested in the profession of Urban Social Work.
INCREASE MENTORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
FOR AT-RISK MINORITY MALES
• The School of Social Work will provide mentorship via faculty and staff, alumni, Student Social Work Organization, and other professionals in Maryland to positively impact successful outcomes to at-risk males.
• The School of Social Work will provide student internships with The Morgan Male Mile via the Social Work Field Office (i.e. BSW, MSW, PhD programs).
• The School of Social will provide faculty and student lecture series (i.e. empowerment, health, political awareness, education and academic empowerment, social and cultural awareness and community awareness
INCREASE COMMUNITY SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
FOR AT-RISK MALES
• The School of Social Work will work with the Morgan Mile as well as the University's Community Engagement Committee to increase the opportunities for at-risk male to give back to their communities.